It’s that time of year when 125 consecutive days at 100 degrees or more start wearing on me. It’s the time of the year when the kids head back to school and routine falls back into place. It’s the time of the year when “fall” cannot get here soon enough. I use the term “fall” loosely because here in Arizona we’ve experienced 100 degree days well into October and early November. However, with the loads of rain we’ve experienced as of later here in the oven and the cool-down that has followed… I am craving fall.
I love everything that fall stands for. Cool temps, the early days of the holiday season, the changing hues (if only in my wardrobe), pumpkin flavors and cinnamon and spice, adding flavored creamer to my hot coffee and the weather that allows me to wear boots and sweaters.
I’m starting to find my style sense. I’ve written about my lack thereof many times here at Quirky Chaos and I realize, my lack thereof was really just my style. I am a classic girl of sorts, not trendy at all, but rather consistent in what I like. I am not overly preppy at all, in fact I would say I am classic mostly. I like basic lines and cuts and I stick pretty close to the neutral color pallet. There is only one season when I truly wear bold colors and that is fall, nothing bright, but definitely bold. Deep greens and burgundies, navy and camel colors.
This years fall wish list is stocked full of flowy tops in dark hues. I am craving a closet filled with plaids and grays, camel colors sweaters and cozy scarves, boots, booties and accessories in gold.
My Fall Top 10:
1. Frye Boots – Veronica Slouch
2. Pleione Mixed Media Tunic in Navy Dusk
3. Olivia Moon Ruched Sleeve Jacket in Charcoal
4. Sancutary ‘Nevermind’ Cotton Tunic in Ruby Plaid
5. Topshop ‘Rufus Shackett’ Army Jacket
6. Beats by Dre – Studio Headphone in Champagne
7. Arricci Erica Bootie in Coffee
8. J Crew Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater in Heather Acorn
9. Dogeared Gold Knuckle Rings
10. Tory Burch Ada Metallic Tweed Skirt
*Photo credit Happily Grey